TIPS TO SELL YOUR HOUSE
- First impressions are lasting. The front door greets the prospect. Make sure it is fresh, clean and scrubbed looking. Keep lawn trimmed and edged to sell house, and yard free of refuse.
- Decorate for a quick sale. It’s not about changing your décor or staging but rather showing the features and amenities your home has to offer the buyers…Not your personal belongings. Avoid cluttered appearances.
- Fix the faucet. Dripping water discolors sinks and suggests faulty plumbing.
- Repairs can make a big difference. Loose knobs, sticking doors and windows, warped cabinet drawers and other minor flaws detract home values. Have them fixed.
- Bathrooms help sell homes.C heck and repair caulking in bathtubs and showers.
- Three’s a crowd. Avoid having too many people present during inspections. The potential buyer will feel like an intruder and will hurry through the house.
- Silence is golden. Be courteous but don’t force conversation with the potential buyer. He wants to inspect your house. Not pay a social call.
- Be it ever so humble. Never apologize for the appearance of your home. After all, it has been lived in. Let the trained salesman answer any objections. This is his job.
- A word to the wise. Let your realtor discuss price terms, possession and other factors with the customer. He is eminently qualified to bring negotiations to a favorable conclusion.
- Use your agent. Show your home to prospective customers only by appointment through your Palm Springs agent. Your cooperation will be appreciated and will help close the sale more quickly.